Advantages of Mobile Home Parks
A mobile home park is a great place to call home! You can have all the benefits of traditional home-ownership without the burden of tiresome maintenance and excessive property taxes. Mobile home park living is quickly becoming a top choice for our aging population and for good reason – there are many advantages and only a few disadvantages of living in a mobile home park.
The greatest advantage of living in a mobile home park is affordability. You get to enjoy the perks of home ownership without the burden of paying a property tax or having to maintain the land and utilities.
Some parks are more family oriented which is great for families with small children – a best friend is bound to be found just a few houses down. Childhood memories made in a mobile home park are often cherished. When a park is managed correctly, with proper background checks and safety protocols, the entire community becomes a safety net for the children within the park.
Here’s a list of the greatest advantages of mobile home park living:
- Cost. Land rental fees typically include water, sewer, garbage, and recycling pickup.
- No property taxes.
- No overly close neighbors. You’ll never have to beat the ceiling with a broom again!
- Minimal maintenance. Property maintenance is minimal – tree trimming and mowing is a thing of the past.
- Small yards. Your yard will be easily maintainable but you still have endless potential.
- Location. Often times, parks are conveniently situated, many with an amazing view of ponds and lakes.
- Pets are usually allowed.
- Homeownership Perks. You can upgrade, paint, or completely remodel anytime you want.
- Age and population restrictions. Those living in a like-minded community are oftentimes happier and feel safer.
- Community perks include pools, fitness centers, and regularly scheduled community events.